Tuesday 27 September 2011

The People's Right to Reply #1

I once heard Smiffy go into a full on rant when Jon Bon Jovi came on the radio. Not due to the appalling nature of the song or the mess on the radio, but because he hates Chelsea. I thought Smiffy would appreciate the sentiment behind this, just not in public:
"The current captain of Manchester United once publicly declared: "I can't stand Liverpool, I can't stand Liverpool people, I can't stand anything to do with them." Gary Neville, the type of man who probably has "Glory Glory Man Utd" as his ringtone, has never made any apologies for putting scousers at the top of his wish-list for Room 101. Never one to hold back with his opinions, he is so flagrantly anti-Liverpool that his father, Neville Neville, interrupted one of his rants a few years ago to switch off the interviewer's tape-recorder, apparently fearful that his son was talking himself into trouble. Neville Jr is said to have responded: "But I do hate them, Dad." [Guardian, He hates scousers, scousers hate him]
I asked a cross section of Feckless, Undeserving Poor fans and ex players for their reply:
WARNING SOME VIEWERS MAY FIND THE LANGUAGE OF THE PEOPLE OFFENSIVE




No comments: